How often have we tried to control EVERY single thing in our lives just to end up disappointed, frustrated or completely upset? A woman at my job today literally had a breakdown because she was worried about getting fired for being unproductive. First and foremost, if you are in a results-driven industry the employer, particularly in an "At-Will State", has every right to fire your ass if you are not producing. Secondly, one should not focus on what others have the power to do because that is not something you can control. And lastly, take a chill pill. I have a grandmother I LOVE and adore with all my heart. But that woman will worry about everyone and everything. She is one reason I know how futile it is to ponder that which is out of your control. Move on. Take power over your fear by doing whatever it is you have power to do yourself. Leave the rest up to God. This brings to mind something often used in therapy or counseling which is the Serenity Prayer.
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
We often need to remember that one way to be happy is to stop trying to control things well beyond our control. The ONLY thing we can control is ourselves-and even that at times is debatable, LOL.--Reinhold Niebuhr
Be happy, have peace and love hard.
An afterthought:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6
No comments:
Post a Comment